I DON'T want to live my life like this! Every day I spend the ENTIRE day... no exaggeration... hoping, waiting, wanting, wishing... for the strength to start tomorrow. What a ridiculously sad way to live life!!! Seriously. I realize that life is a gift... it is to be cherished... yada, yada, yada. But I will ask myself the same question that I have asked a million times. So, why don't I do anything about the way I am living if I dwell on it SO very much????
Here's what's so bewildering to me. I read my posts from a year ago... and it's the same thing... the same words... the same miserable feelings. Yet, in that year, I could have lost the weight and felt completely amazing by now. But instead, I let all this time go by... and it feels wasted. And I always end this pathetic paragraph with --- So, what's my problem?!
What will it take to change?
Is it really within me?
And if so... how do I find it?
People say that that I must not want it bad enough.... on one hand, that's the most obsurd thing I have ever heard!
On the other hand... it makes sense.
Thoughts?

3 comments:
Lots of love your way, my friend.
I'm in the middle of trying to deal with how to gain more self control, too. The thing that has managed to actually keep me on track is accountability. I make a commitment to a good friend outside of my family and if I fail in my commitment, I have to pay her a set amount. Last year it was sugar. If I ate dessert or a treat, I had to pay my cousin $20. It totally worked. I couldn't do "If I haven't lost 10 pounds by x date, I'll pay you $20." It had to be a daily thing, a Do Not Do thing.
Right now it's going to bed on time, so I called a friend and told her if I'm not in bed by 11, I'll have to pay her $20.
Since our money is super tight right now, this works for me. I can't eat a piece of cake and justify it costing me $20 or stay up watching a stupid show for $20. I am so grateful to have found something that works for me. This may not work for you, but if you pray enough about a specific strategy to help you, I know Heavenly Father will guide you.
You CAN do it!!!!
MY sil in hurricane joined a Biggest Loser group in her neighborhood. It's similar to what Karri said. You enter the group with $75. You get 5 day a week workouts and a meal plan. If you lose 2.2 pounds every week, you are fine. BUT, if you don't or you gain or whatever, you owe $20. !!!?!?!!?! I was like, WHAT?, but she said it's working for her because they can' afford for her not to lose weight. Then, I asked her, "what if you just quit?" Then you ose $40 to get out. Sounds insane, but I guess money makes the world go ROUND!!!! I'm not sure I'm "there" yet. But, I know that I need to change some things. We can do this! WE CAN!
Good for you, Tracy! Very inspiring. I always try to remember that every day is a new opportunity to be healthy . . . no matter how crazy I ate over the weekend! :)
Post a Comment